September 18, 2011

Solution to my ISBN worries

Earlier I was whining about lacking the money to buy an ISBN?
I found a solution!
If you agree to let Smashwords list themselves as the publisher of your book on their site, they will buy and give you an ISBN that applies to copies of your book originating from that site FREE.
Sure, I still have no ISBN for any version of my book that is stored elsewhere, but now as long as I list Smashwords as the publisher of that copy with it's empty-space reformatting and a few re-wordings of events that I felt were needed as I went through it trying to make the changes necessary to get their submission-checking computer to accept it, I have an ISBN number to fill out the countless forms that not having one made impossible to complete!
Smashwords somewhat rules.
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/22niel

No comments:

Post a Comment